Join over 400 professional bartenders from around the globe to compete in the 2019 Tio Pepe Challenge – an International mixology competition for creating Sherry-based cocktails.
2019 marks the third year of the Tio Pepe Challenge in the UK and the 6th annual contest internationally. The past two years have attracted some exceptional talent with winning creations coming from Cameron Moncaster (Waeska at the Mandrake Hotel) in 2018 and Lucia Montanelli (The Dorchester) in 2017.
The Tio Pepe Challenge offers a chance to attend masterclasses and learn about the versatility of sherry, its history and wine making from our experts at Gonzalez Byass. There is even the opportunity to learn the art of the Venencia – the traditional tool used to take sherry from a barrel and pour it from a height into a glass.
If you are a professional bartender working in the UK, please register for the Tio Pepe Challenge and join us at a masterclass to learn about the wonderful world of sherry and share your own cocktail creation for your chance to be crowned this year’s winner.
- UK Masterclass, Bar Pepito, London, N1 9DF – Thursday 17th January 2019
- UK Masterclass, The Spiritualist, Glasgow, G1 1DT – Wednesday 6th February 2019
- UK Masterclass, OXO2, London, SE1 9PH – Monday 11th February 2019
- Registration deadline and cocktail submission deadline – 15th March 2019
- UK National Final, Hush Mayfair, London – Monday 15th April 2019
- International Final, Jerez, Spain – Wednesday 15th May 2019